What is PPI?
Payment Protection Insurance is an insurance product sold by banks and insurance companies.
It's intention is to ensure repayments of loans if the borrower was unable to make repayments of the loan due to factors such as: redundancy, death, illness, disability, and a variety of other factors.
Payment protection insurance is also referred to as: credit protection insurance, loan repayment insurance and credit insurance.
Payment protection insurance is sold to insure a variety of financial products, including:
- Consumer Loans
- Credit Cards
- Store Cards
What's the Problem With PPI?
Although payment protection insurance is usuful in many cases. Many policies were mis-sold as customers were often unaware they had purchased PPI and many policies. In addition, many policies were sold to customers without adequate advice, or little effort to find out if the product has suitable to the customer's individual needs.
What are the Advantages of Using a PPI Claim Company?
- Companies have knowledge of Industry and can maximise your claim
- They take the hassle out of making a claim
- Without them, many people wouldn't have the time to make a claim
- You’ve a pre-2005, non-Ombudsman case
- Many operate on a no win no fee basis
What are the Benefits of Making a Personal PPI Claim?
- If you do it yourself its FREE
- Some companies charge an upfront cost
- Lack of knowledge of the claims industry may make it difficult to select the correct company.
What Will My Claim Be Worth?
The amount claimed back will depend on a number of factors. For example:
- How much you initially borrowed from the lender.
- When the finance was taken out
- The lender
I don’t have any paperwork. Can I still claim?
Not having any paperwork doesn’t mean you can’t claim.
When Will my Case be Settled?
Times vary by case by case and by lender. The Financial Ombudsman, however, gives most Lenders 8 weeks to make an PPI settlement offer or decline your PPI case.
Please contact us today for more information on any aspect relating to Payment Protection Insurance (PPI). We are happy to provide information on all aspects of PPI and the claims process.